Saturday, January 3, 2009

Quick to forget...

Last night when I was journaling in my prayer journal, I stumbled across one that I'd written down towards the end of our nonamestan trip. I wrote it on the last Thursday we were overseas, 5 days after missing our flight. So I was ready to go home, and on top of the anxiety to be home I accidentally had deleted my photos from the entire trip. We're talking hundreds of photos here!!! (which I managed to get back thanks to my neighbor's retrevial software). But at the time I was really upset about it, anyone who was on the team could tell you that. Anyway this entry read as follows...
"Please forgive me for remaining to be selfish this week. I've had a very sour attitude about being here this week. And I'm so sorry for that. Lord, also please forgive me for valuing my posessions of my pictures over this trip. I shouldn't be worried about having recorded memories of this trip, all that should matter is this trip itself (and you)."
When I read these words last night, I couldn't believe that I'd written that; but the harder part was realizing how all throughout the trip I had been learning how much I needed to realize the aspects in my life where I idolized other things/people more than my Heavenly Father, who deserves all glory. But what hurt even more was how quickly I forgot this lesson, and returned to my old (worldly) habits and ways. I let what I didn't want to happen, happen. So this is a reminder for when one strays away from an Amazing God, who provides for us, despite our sinful natures.

No comments: