Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm now an official Disneyland Cast Member!!!!

So...today was my first official (paid) day as a Disneyland Resort Cast Member. But before I go into what happened today, I should probably update you all on the recent happenings. So let's rewind to yesterday....

Yesterday was our first day of orientation stuff, we were really only at the Education Center for about 3 hours. So we spent the rest of the day back here at our apartment. Later in the day, me and my roomate Cassidy decided to go get some much needed shopping done, so we went to Target and bought a few things, where I then lost my phone. Luckily...the guy who found it answered my phone when we called it, and was still in Target, so I got my phone back. Then we went and a bought a few quick things at Vons. While we were in Vons, we got a phonecall from casting saying we needed to come to the office that "we were on the list". So on top of driving in anaheim for my first time, losing my phone, and having to buy new shoes (that I only wore today, and are too small for my feet), I was on "the list". Well long story short...I was switched from doing Entertainment Costuming, to doing Attractions. It was a bit of a bummer, but I'm still excited and happy to be here, so it's all good!

So fast forward back to today...Today was our first day as a Cast Member for Disneyland Resort! EEE!!! Which it was refreshing to know we were getting paid today, since we had to sit in a auditorium from roughly 8-4 going through presentations (orientation stuff). But we did get a tour of the park. That was pretty fun (and exciting since I hadn't been inside Disneyland for two years!!!) So our day ended with us getting our name tags (btw if you come, mine will say Christine and not Katie) which is going to take some serious getting used to! haha. So we then decided we wanted to go to Disneyland for the first time for the rest of the day. However, I would soon learn that I wouldn't be able to enter the park until I get my actual ID (I was one out of a small group of people, who didn't get mine). This was a bit of a bummer, but I know I have time to go again! haha...So I had to take the bus home, since my roomies got in. It was a little sad, but it's okay, I'll go soon enough! But I have training tomorrow, where I'll get my costume and stuff, so I'll update you soon on how training goes! But I have training before dawn this weekend, so that should be fun. Haha

Love you all! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

annamae said...

hey, haven't read your blog in forever but I just got it back in my favorites :) how fun to be working at Disneyland! I'm sorry you got bumped from the costume stuff though. will you be able to switch back later? well, good luck with all your training!

Full Quiver Family said...

We miss you! Know you're handling all disappoints filtered through the lens of His Word.