Sunday, January 18, 2009

By Faith...

So, today I was reading Hebrews 11. And wow, I find it amazing how one always seems to read a passage that one needs to read at that specific moment. Now don't think that I mean to say that every passage isn't good to read, because they are. But I love how what one reads on a given day always relates directly to what one is struggling with, or going through on that given day. And today, I needed to read Hebrews 11.

So like I said, I was reading Hebrews 11, which talks all about how all these men and women did specific things "by faith". How "by faith" Noah when warned about things not yet seen built an ark in holy fear, to save his family. The chapter continues on talking about Abraham and Sarah, Issac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses and even Rahab.

Well, this chapter got me to thinking about how little I do "by faith" or, how much I take my faith for granted. Here in America as a believer, it's so easy to just blend in. Living in a way that doesn't cross the line of immorality, but coming as close to crossing that line as possible. Here we can be a Christian without living a life of intention, and without having to face persecution. Yet all over the world other believers face daily persecution for their faith, yet they serve the Lord despite those circumstances. So this passage made me realize how I need to live "by faith" more. That I need to sieze the opportunities and freedoms I have more. My prayer is that I can live a life intentional and "by faith". Instead of taking what I have for granted everyday in fear of persecution.

No comments: