Friday, January 16, 2009

DCP Week #1: Training and Day Number 1

So everyone, I thought I'd post an update on my Disney Adventure. I've been meaning to, but haven't gotten around to it. Sorry. So here it is...

So I started training last Friday. This first day was all my Guest Interaction training. Here I learned how to put the SERVICE model into effect, and got to pass out the special Celebrating buttons available for cast members to pass out to guests. I also did some pin trading.

Day 1 - started at 6 am in the morning on Saturday. This was my first day of training on Ride Operations. I learned the ins and outs of the attraction. I got to see the backstage stuff that makes the ride what it is. I learned the many different roles that make up the Finding Nemo team.


Day 2- Driving. Yep I had to learn how to drive the submarines! Yikes! This was so scary!!! And I had to work at 5 am today, so I was a little on the tired side. I was so nervous. But it's not too hard. I spent a lot of the day driving, and learned how to work the hatches. (The entrance and exits for the subs). It was fun, but a long day. However, since I had to go into work at 5 am, I got off at 1:30. And since it was a weekend day, the park closed at 11. So me and my friend Katie went to the park for a couple hours, and went on like 4 rides! It was very nice to finally be able to go to the park!!!

Day 3- More Driving. Yep I drove most of the day today, and had to park (to unload and load) all by myself. It's quite difficult. But my guests still seemed to enjoy the show. Which is all good!

Day 4- This was the day of my P.A (Performance Assessment). So I spent 6 hours with my trainer Millie reviewing everything I learned the past 3 days. The last two hours I had my assessment with another trainer. It went pretty good. I PASSED!!! But parking was still a bit bad. But I am now an official Nemo Ride Operator!! Yay!

Wednesday- I was off! So I went to Disneyland with the roomies! We got a late start, because there was no hurry since we can go for free, and anytime we want. We took a moment to take this picture
So I love this picture!!! From left to right here's how it goes! Me, Mickey, Cassidy(Utah doing Retail), Kelsie(Arizona doing Food and Beverage), Pluto, and Bethany(Hawaii doing Restaurant Busser). We had fun, and yay for no lines!!! So that was Wednesday! Here's a few more of those pictures!

Toy Story Mania! The Best ride ever!!!

Hollywood Backlot in California Adventure



No comments: