Monday, December 29, 2008

What's on my heart, with a week to go...

As most of you know, I'm leaving for Anaheim in a week from today for the Disney College Program at Disneyland. Alot of you want to know and have been asking me if I'm excited, nervous, scared what not. So I thought I'd post a blog filling you all in with where I'm at emotionally, spiritually, etc as I prepare to leave.

So first, I was wondering when it'd sink in that I was leaving, and although it mostly has, I don't think it will fully until I'm on my way to L.A next Monday. I'm waiting to wake up and realize it's not real, but I know that's silly, because it is. Since I've wanted to do this program, and work for Disney for so long, I'm excited that it's only a week away. I'm not nervous or scared about the working/learning aspect of the program. However, I am nervous about the aspect of not only living hours away from home, but about my roomate situation. I dont' know who they are, I'll find out on the day I move down. Since I've always lived at home, (with the exception of one summer at hume), I've never lived with strangers, and am worried about clashing with them. I'm worried about conflicts and confrontations that may occur based on being strangers with them, and varying beliefs to mine. So for all you here at home, I would love it if you could pray about this for me. That I might be able to be a light despite whatever I encounter. That I would remember who it is I'm serving.

I ask that you pray for me as I head down there, because, as most of you know, this is where I feel God has called me to work for Him. Therefore, I know that He is in control of the situation, and I need to trust in Him. That I might have the strength to live a life with intention, like I have not done for so long. So please be praying for me as I go to Disneyland.

Here are some passages that I've been reading lately that have encouraged and helped me prepare for this...

Ephesians 5:1-2 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
Colossians 4:2-6 "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let you conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."
Also please pray that I find a church I can go to, and that I can find one that meets when I'm available. That if I can't find a church, I could find a group of believers to meet with or some other way of fellowship would present itself. :) I'll try to keep you all updated on what I'm learning and what God's teaching me throughout this journey he has me on. Have a splendid day! And God bless!

No comments: