Tuesday, August 26, 2008

waiting on God's timing...

This week in the "next steps" on our communication cards at church it asked what is one way we can pray for God's timing in your life. It took all of about two seconds for me to answer this question. I put, Pray for my patience of God's timing for my future life/career goals. Lately, I've been struggling with having patience about the years to come. If it's not one thing it's another. It could be impatient to get out of school, and start my career (which is the main way) or it could be impatient about personal relationships. It could be any of a multiple of things. So, imagine my reaction to this question. It was exactly what I needed to think about, and have been working on since I read it. Isn't it amazing how God reveals things?!? It never ceases to amaze me!

So, this week and the weeks to come I'm trying to work on contentment, and patience. Both would coincide with my needing prayer for patience in God's timing. If I can be content, then patience will come. So I'm working on it. And I am once again amazed at the amazingness of God and his will for my life, that I don't even know about!!!

No comments: