Wednesday, August 13, 2008

History in the Making

Every Generation has those life-changing or otherwise historical moments that will go down in history. Whether its in sports, or society, or some other reason, these moments define the time we live in. I was just reflecting on the ones that I have already experienced in my lifetime; even at the young age of twenty. So I thought I'd list them here, and give some thoughts on them too.

Tragedies

  • September 11, 2001- (I was in like 8th grade, but remember it like yesterday.)

  • Various school shootings. Virginia Tech, Columbine... :(

Entertainment

  • Harry Potter Series

  • Titanic and Dark Knight etc...

  • Apple-ipods, iphones, etc...

Sports Victories

  • Boston Red Sox

  • Fresno State wins College World Series!!! (Go Dogs!!!)

  • U.S.A wins 4X100 freestyle relay in the 2008 Olympics!!!

  • and of course....Michael Phelps!!! (need I say more? )

It's so wierd to think about how these events will be remembered for many many years, and I lived to experience them. It's crazy! I can't even wait to see what the rest of my years brings!??!

No comments: