Sunday, February 1, 2009

When times get hard

So. I thought I'd update you all on what's going on in my life at Disneyland, or spiritually. Everything. (I'll try to keep it short, but with me, who knows if that'll happen.) So here it is. Work's been going pretty well. It's been getting way less stressful, as I get more comfortable driving and interacting with the guests. So work, is getting very enjoyable now that I know what I'm doing more and more each day.

So, before I go into the next part, I feel that it's important for me to add a scripture that relates to what I'm going through, and what helps me when times are hard. I go to this passage often, and have even committed it to memory. So here it is...

Hebrews 12:1-2 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."

So...I have had a week of weeks. You name it, it probably happened. So the first part of this week went rather splendid. I met some new people. Got to know some others, talked to home friends. And my mom came out here on Tuesday and Wednesday to see me. We went shopping and then, since I got my blue card to get guests into the park for free, we went to the park for a few hours on Wednesday. My mom left that night, and I relaxed at home. Thursday at work, I was tired (from staying up to late), but the day was pretty good nonetheless.

Then came Friday. I had to begin work at 8:45. But after getting to the parking lot, when I went to delete my month's worth of texts, my phone decided to turn off, and not turn back on. So I had to call the att people and get everything figured out. And short story, they're sending me a new phone it should be here on Tuesday.

So, thankful that I had that behind me, I came to work bright and early, at 7 am on Saturday morning. The day went well. I had G.C. Which meant, a whole day of interacting with guests in the line. No DRIVING!!! I was excited. The weather was hot, but the work was not bad. But, on my way out of the parking lot. My car got backed into. YEP. Fun. Luckily, my car isn't hurt too badly, but I can't say the same for hers. So that was stressful.

I decided to burn off some steam by going to the park with Kelsey. We waited in line for Space Mountain for 45 minutes. And then came home.
And then today. It was good. I had a great day at work, other than having to be at work at 7:30, and showing up early, because I thought I worked at 7. But today was good. I read James 2 and 3. And it was what I needed yet again. I'm hoping to practice the art of silence. Yes, it will be difficult, since I talk a lot. But I know I need to watch my tongue. So I'm praying that God can help give me the discipline I need to achieve being "slow to speak". I love you all and miss you dearly! Best wishes and happy day to you all!

No comments: