Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trusting in God when all is Well

Well, I realized I never posted my Pt. 2. "Trusting God when all is well" I can't remember what I was thinking or wanted to say at that time, but I'm sure it had to do with how easy it is to trust in God when things are crazy and out of control. We all go to Him when things are hard, but how often do we when things are good. Its ironic that I should be re-reading my blog and notice that thats what I wanted to talk about in November, when I was going to talk about that tonight... so here it goes.

It's late, which is when I do my best thinking and writing I think. (Even though it's been far too long since my last post) Lately, I have been trying to be more disciplined in time management. Having so much time off work can get old pretty fast. So, I've been working out some, and doing art projects. But, mainly, I'm trying to get back into reading the Word daily. (Still not daily, but I'm getting better) Long story short, its reminded me to go to God even when all is well. I mean I'll admit I complain about little things, and I'm aware of that more than ever, but for the most part. God is providing for me. For example...

I have been stressed about finances due to my major lack of hours. Yet He has provided. whether it be through me being able to pick up shifts, or my tax refund. Etc. So he's proven he provides. :)

Then, when I was feeling unhappy at work, he provided me with the possibility of a new opportunity. I don't know how that'll turn out yet. ;)

Lastly, he's been teaching me to trust in Him fully, even though I may be uncertain. I have no reason to complain. Yet I do. Why can we never be completely satisfied. But then I remember the cross, and my sin. We are never fully satisfied because of our worldly sinful nature. So that is why trusting God even when all is Well is so important. Trusting when all is well is hard, I encourage us to remember that daily. :) I know that it's something I'm working on right now, going to him daily, even when all is well and fine. Because He is worthy of all praise and worship! He is our source of joy. A pure, gospel-centered joy that only He can give, no worldly thing can give us that."

Thats all for now, I'll try to post more about what I've been learning soon. For now, goodnight. :)

No comments: