Monday, October 13, 2008

Hey I thought I'd post a note here so that all of you who are following my journey toward doing the Disney College Program would know the latest news...the not very fun news.

Late Monday night, as many of you may know, I received an e-mail stating that they had yet to recieve my application. They also said I needed to send it as soon as possible, that within a week they'd assume I'm no longer interested. At this point it'd been three weeks since I submitted it online and had my interview.

So... I got a little frustrated that they waited 3 weeks to inform me of that matter. So, I emailed them back telling them I'd re-send it to them. However, they also said that they had received my role checklist. The wierd and frustrating thing about that is, I faxed that along with my application. It was the last two pages after my application. So what happened to my application? I don't know.

Anyway...I had a time of major frustration and a very tear-filled hour, after I found out. It was all these different aspects together that just broke me down. Then I read some in my Bible, and thanks to Isaiah 40 and Matthew 6, I was able to calm down, and go to bed around 1 am.

So........fast forward a day, and I skipped polisci to figure out the whole resending my app thing. So I went to the school and I got it re-faxed. Now, all I could do was wait to hear if they got it.

...Fast forward till Thursday. I called them to ask if they'd recieved it and they said there was no record yet. But it takes 48 hours to confirm or whatever. So if I didn't hear withing 48 hours to recall them. So, I re called them like 2 hours later. And well same thing. They both said give it a week and if you don't hear anything call us back or resend it. I had to inform them that I only had a week to re-send it in. So they told me to resend it. Now don't get me wrong, I can do that, and I will. But I think it's a bit ridiculous that they wouldn't have gotten it either time. I sent it twice! And well yea...that's it for now. I'm calling again tomorrow and asking to talk to the casting director or equivalent directly to make sure I will still be in the pool of applicants, but I have not been able to send it to them successfully. I hope I get somewhere!!!!

This is beyond frustrating. I'm trying really hard to just Trust in God and his timing, but it's very hard. And my frustration with Disney is not helping me, or them, and it's not being used to glorify God, so I know I need to work on not being anxious, frustrated etc...but it's gonna take time!!!Anyway, I wanted yall to have the most current update with my disney experience in trying to achieve my goals one step at a time....oh patience....patience, patience, God give me patience!!! Plus I know that if it's meant to be, it'll happen!!! I just need to remember Christ along the way...

No comments: