Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight at Midnight


Yes, it's time for a Twilight blog, I know you're all sick of hearing about it, but I don't care. Yes, I'm proud to say that I'm a nerd. I saw it at midnight. Me and Tiff even made shirts, cause you can't go to a midnight showing without dressing up in some way. We arrived at Edwards at 3 p.m. to see many people already forming in the 14 lines that would be showing the movie later that night. We got very good spots in line. I'd say like 10-15 people in front of us. Then...we waited for 7 hours (we became friends with the girl next to us who had no one else with her). After the three of us split a pizza and my sister and Dillon brought us blankets, we waited till 10:00 when they let us in. Then two hours later, the movie finally started!! It was worth the wait.

So...here's my review...

I thought it was quite splendid. I was pleasently surprised. I mean I went in with low expectations, so I wouldn't be too disappointed when it lacked and strayed away from the book. Books, after all are always better then their respective movies. However...this movie stayed very true to the book, yes the plot had a few added moments, and a few scenes were changed slightly. But not many were. The dialogue held very true to the book in that much of the dialogue came directly from the book.

As for the movie itself, yes it had a low budget of $37 Million, so parts of it were kind of bad, obviously. Parts of it were cheesy...but I mean the books cheesy!!! So did you really expect the movie to not have cheesy moments. The acting was alright. The supporting characters known as Bellas friends, were quite terrible actors. However, I do believe that Edwards family was quite splendid. (Plus they were casted brilliantly.) Overall, I quite enjoyed the movie, it made me quite happy, and I mean it's cute, they could've developed the relationship of Bella and Edward more, but I mean they do have 3 movies left to do that!!! So I'll get over it.

P.S. It was better the second time I saw it! And for me that's important, because if a movie is worse the second time, than it can't be considered as good. I prefer second times, because the hype and anticipation is gone. And if a movie is better the second time, that means it's good because it can intrest you even though you've already seen it.

No comments: